How does liquid silicone injection molding work? There are complete steps.
• The uncured liquid silicone rubber was in two separate containers, type A and type B, which are linked to a pumping system. Type A contains a platinum catalyst, while Type B contains methyl hydrogen siloxane. The metering system will automatically release the two types of components at the ratio of 1:1 and properly add any pigment.
• The molder can design and customize the injection molding machines to make sure of the precise shot size for the project. According to different requirements, the platens and pistons can be set at different temperatures, injection rates, and cycle periods.
• After the complete setup, the injection molding machine will heat the mold to a suitable temperature and actively adjust the clamping force. Then the mold is closed, cooperating with the pump, and the injector to inject the liquid silicone rubber into the mold cavity.
• Heating and stressing work should maintain during the course of injection molding until the material is solidified. The cycle can be repeated until finishing the bulk manufacturing.
• After removing the components from the mold, de-flashing, quality control, testing, and packaging are the post-molding services.